Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Testing Nikon D60 DSLR at the Zoo


Went to the Singapore Zoo, 2 days back, a Wednesday afternoon.
It was a very dark & cloudy day.
But still I went ahead with my plan of going to the zoo!
After about 1.30pm, it was raining all the way till I left the place at 6pm.
Not a good day for photography I would say!
Well, I can only blame myself because I simply cannot wait any longer to get to the zoo to try out my Nikon D60.
A typical impatient Aries I am!!!
It was actually also quite messy that day as I was carrying a Water bottle, Camera Bag, Tripod Stand, Umbrella & holding a camera.
Plus I was soaking wet from head to toe for hours.


For these pictures you see here, I am using the VR 55-200mm lens on a Nikon D60.
No additional speedlight was used!
(Opps...That's because I don't own one. Hee hee...)
My camera mode was set to either Auto or Portrait.
I usually don't fumble around with the camera controls when taking pictures of animals...
Animals don't wait!

As for the D60 camera, I would consider it to be a very handy and good DSLR.
There's a couple of reasons :
1) I simply love the light weight and size.
2) The VR function (Vibration Reduction).
3) Quick start-up(On/Off)
4) Able to focus on animals in dim or low light conditions.


There is one problem I face using the D60 at the zoo.
Animals like Tigers, Lions, Cats...etc.
Their photographs turned out to have "empty eyes." See these 2 photos!


Something like the red eye effect on humans except that theirs turned out luminous.
Some says it's due to the flash???
Some says it's due to the specific type of animals eye???
Previously, when I was using the Nikon F65 SLR (negative films), zoom lens of 300mm, nothing like this has happened.
Still trying to find out what happened!






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar