A roundup of the things I'm working on at the moment.
There have been a few new cast ons this month which I've told you about in earlier posts so I've continued to work on those.
I've got well into the Wildflowers & Honeycomb Socks pattern now and I'm loving how it's working up. It's such an easy pattern but gives a pretty, all-over design. I think I've chosen the perfect yarn too, this is by Craft House Magic in the Rio colourway. I'm now ready to turn the heel.
I usually knit my socks on double pointed needles but I fancied having a go with the magic loop method using a long circular needle. I've tried this in the past and haven't got on with it for sock knitting, though I don't seem to have any problems when using it for hats or sleeves. Anyway, I started the What Lies Within Socks and I was having problems with it again right from the start, I seemed to be creating a ladder between each of the needles when knitting the rib but I decided I'd continue down into the pattern to see what happened there. I'm pleased to say that there doesn't seem to be any issue now, though that might just be because I'm knitting the cable pattern where the needles join, so I'm reserving judgement yet. I'm ready to turn the heel now but the leg of the sock looks very narrow. I think that's just the cable patterning, it does stretch so I'm hoping it will still fit.
My third new cast on this month was the Beach Days wrap and I'm absolutely loving working on this. I think the changing pattern and the change in yarn keeps it very fresh and I find myself wanting to knit just one more colour block. The first wavy sequence of colours is now finished and I'm ready to start the third colour and the eyelet pattern.
I haven't got any more cast ons planned at the moment, my intention for this month is to continue working on everything I've already started.

0 Yorumlar