Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Flowers and aprons



Thought I had better get outside and take a picture of the only pretty thing left blooming in the yard before the next big freeze predicted for last night. Poppy bought and planted this snowball bush several years ago. He did good!



Thankfully, it stayed at 31 degrees instead of the 28 they were calling for. Not sure if that made any difference.

My back is getting better. In fact, I have been doing a few things...like feeding the chickens and walking up to the teeny tiny greenhouse to water the seedlings. Trouble is, after carefully doing any of these things, my lower back burns...actually burns. I have to sit leaning back with a pillow against my lower back and rest for a while.  "Rest" is something I've never been able to do, so this is driving me crazy. I am standing up straighter too. Wednesday will be here soon and maybe the doctor will have answers.



Sitting at the sewing machine did not bother my back at all, so I finished an apron last night. Sewing is relaxing. Standing at the ironing board is the back breakers. I stood long enough to press the finished apron. Making the bias tape took longer so when my back started to burn, I rested. This crap is getting old!



The colors are rather unusual but I kinda like how this apron turned out.



Recently finished this apron too for Henny's Teeny Tiny Apron Shop.



Good gosh! Wish I could say, that's me, modeling the apron. If my back ever gets well...I am going to start exercising. Do you hear me! :)  I've been trying to figure out just when my waistline disappeared. Totally gone, it is. Not even the slightest dent! 

Poppy went to Walmart early this morning to buy a few groceries. He's tired of doing the shopping and I'm tired of him doing it too. I like to do the shopping! Anyhow, turkey season started yesterday so he wanted to hurry back from Walmart and get in the woods. Wouldn't you know it...he got up to the highway and there were two big turkeys crossing the road...headed exactly in the direction where he hunts. He went on to Walmart and bought what was on the list, rushed home, changed clothes and took off for the woods.

Guess I had better get up from here. This chair is definitely not good on my back. Thank you! Hope to be back real soon.

Love,
Henny






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar