I am joining in with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday today. I swear I am going to try and keep it at five, but you know me I am chatty.
Yesterday Little Buddy and I went to the eye doctor who was thrilled this little one can now identify letters. He was able to see the letters posted on the screen and we found out that his right eye is working much better than his left. We know his left eye rotates in, you can see it in the photo above, but we did not suspect his vision was so bad in that eye. He needs surgery to straighten it out in hopes his brain will continues to read the visual messages it receives from the left eye. So we are now waiting to hear when that surgery will be.
Speaking of surgery, this boy has had a tough day. He had a cyst removed from his forehead this morning, along with another that was drained from his neck. Oh and I forgot shots!!!! The worst part of it was getting out of the car, Max slipped and could not get up without help. This is becoming a little more common for him, but adding the height of the car with the slip and that means an injury. He has now received some pain medication and is happily sleeping, oh and he got a few treats too!
He looks like he has been in a barroom brawl! I will be keeping a close eye on him this weekend and doping him up as needed, there is nothing worse than an animal in pain.
This is what greeted me this morning. It was raining so hard out, not the best day to take Little Buddy to school or Max to the Vet. It did stop to just a sprinkle during those excursions so I am thankful for that. I love rain so much, rain and gray skies. Of course now that I can stay in the rest of the day it has cleared up. I hope all of you in the East experiencing the "Monster Storm" are all safe and cozy in your homes. Why is every weather system now the owner of some name?
I went jean shopping yesterday I was in desperate need, you see I wear a lot of jean capri pants to work and I bust the knees out of them in no time at all. I have fixed a few pair, but two of them were just looking to ratty to wear even with the repairs, so I decided to make my very favorite pair into shorts. I cut them off, serged the ends, rolled them up and sewed them so they won't come undone. It was a quick fix and now I have a fun and soft pair of shorts to wear.
With my second pair I decided to make a skirt like my wonderful sewing/knitting/awesome friend Jo made at the end of December. Her skirt turned out terrific so I thought I might try to re-purpose one for myself. There are loads of tutorials on the internet, and Pinterest on how to do this. I found Steffi's tutorial to be amazingly helpful. I followed it step by step with the exception of inserting a triangle in the side seams, I just inserted in the front and back. It was fun to make and it fits! I think I am actually going to use this skirt all the time.
This is a closer view of the front insert.
I know you don't want to see my actual backside so how about just seeing the backside of the skirt? These jeans were originally on sale from Target, not expensive and really I did not think they fit very well. But now with a little work I have a great skirt that will go with everything.
My husband is gone for the weekend and Little Buddy came home from school with a clear runny nose and a big attitude. He is napping now so I have decided we are laying low all weekend long. I had gone to the grocery store yesterday to stock up, I have my weaving and baby blanket to work on and as the temperature dips I have a cozy house to stay in. I can watch my furry boy to make sure he is okay and my little boy to make sure that runny nose is not turning into something far worse. Based on his tantrum earlier I think I might have a sick boy on my hands.
I am looking forward to taking the weekend as it comes, at a slower pace. How about you?

0 Yorumlar