Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bball Anybody?

My youngest is back in basketball this year.

She had played for two years in a junior mini league with her older sister and then somehow we missed the registration last year. This year, we decided to just put her in. Her sister just has too many other activities.

They had their first game tonight. There was only one slight problem. The other team didn't show up. Apparently, no one had bothered to tell them about it. The game was on the co-ordinator's schedule, on the referee's schedule, on our team's schedule ... but not on the other team's schedule. Only in Canada, you say ...

So they had a game anyway. Split the team in half and played five on five. It worked out really well. For their very first game of the year, they got a practice game. But with a real ref enforcing the real rules. And no matter which 'side' won, I figured the team was guaranteed a win.

Kit Kat (I told her that she needed a blog name so she helped pick her own) hasn't played for a few years but she definitely has height on her side. Now all she needs is some more confidence. And to be reminded of the rules. She definitely got the latter tonight. And a good start on the former. Which was helped by getting a couple of baskets.

All in all, it was a good game. I think its going to be a good team. And even though the score was something like 34 - 22 for the other 'side', I'm calling it a win. A mom can do things like that.

And what do you do with your first win? Why go out for ice cream afterwards, of course. Even if it is the middle of November. In the Great White Up.

Brrrr.... I'm still shivering.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar