Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LONDON FASHION WEEK: wine, wasabi and fashion.....

 So we went off to London Fashion Week this year. I've had difficulty in the past with LDW when I lived in Ireland, it wasn't always the easiest to get to. It was nice to be able to go this year instead of trying to factor in the impossible when Dublin based!

I brought Joe with me to make a day of it and we managed to have a lot of fun in between the running around and mad travelling. We still live about three hours from London so we had to get up at crazy to get the bus down. After one small negative start where we forgot a tote bag, we made it. So I spent the day tweeting and insta updating to show what we got up to. It's so much easier then the days where I had to file a whole blog posts ASAP because there wasn't a massive amount of social media. In order to get the readers, I would have to work on the actual post so quickly afterwards to avoid missing the buzz from the event. Now, I just social media update then add a blog post afterwards! It works well.
Here are some of the shots from London.

Above - Joe getting stuck into a breakfast burger at Leon. I LOVE LEON. I could spend all day in there. I managed to get Joe into it too which means it's a thing now. We don't have Leon in Nottingham (unless you count the East Midlands departures lounge which is really far to go for a breakfast pot) so I get my fix whenever I'm in London. I adore the breakfast pots. Despite his concentration, I think Joe enjoyed it!
 Tube stations. I am completely phobic. I have a weird fear of heights which makes me feel dizzy and sick a lot of the time. I cannot handle the tube elevators on my own. I think this is why I haven't ever tried to live in London. I've talked about it but couldn't hack it on my own. I think the cost is another factor. I think we were on our way to the V&A when this was taken. I really relied on Joe to help me find my way too. I get lost so easily.
 A glass box of false eyes. We went to the Science Museum for their Wounded exhibition to kill some time before shows started. It's an exhibition of first world war wounds and medical supplies. I loved it. I have a weird thing about history in particular, medical science.

 Our first stop at LFW included wine and cakes. Well, for me just wine but there were cakes! At that stage I was delighted to sit down and have a glass. I was actually quite happy we forgot the tote bag with my heels in it. Flats all the way!

 More unusually, one of the shows had a vegan gazpacho soup drink on offer. I am used to water bottles or non alcoholic cocktails being on offer but this was a new one on me. I'm not sure what I felt about it. I'm not the biggest gazpacho fan but it was a quirky alternative to plain water.
 We did make an escape later in the day to Soho for cocktails.  I was dying to chance Cahoots. A 'secret' bar.  I can't do it justice in my description as it was great fun. It's a 1940s underground bar where everything from the staff, the language, the drinks, the menu is in character. I loved it. I don't have to have my arm twisted for a good secret, pop up, password only dive bar! I'm a bit annoying in that respect.

Not only that but the cocktails were reasonably priced! Hurrah! I immediately went about sampling a few.  As you can see below. I have sadly forgotten the names of the drinks! Even their non alcoholic drinks were gorgeous. I will say this, make sure that you book a table on their website. It's free to book and you have a table for a maximum of two hours. Oh, and ask for the captain.....

 Serious faces before a presentation started. I had a lovely glass of wine in my hand. Despite drinking all day, I remained standing!!! The joys of it.  I have to say, I was delighted with my outfit. I didn't want to go full blown insane blogger or stand out. I cannot stand when you see fashion bloggers outside LFW begging to be photographed in mental clothing. I've never been one of those bloggers so I stuck to plain black. You cannot beat a black t-shirt, black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. The only bit of color I had was my neon handbag, heart necklace and lipstick. Happy out. In fact, I was really glad I had forgotten my heels.
Last drinks before heading back. I was exhausted after it!  I did manage to get all the sushi before I left. I always binge eat sushi when I'm in London. I then finished with some gluten free veggie dinner at Leon!

*apologies for missing out on seeing people in London. This literally was the most mental journey and I plan on coming back to see everyone I missed.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar