Defined by Urban Dictionary as 'the act of wearing ridiculously uncomfortable shoes just so you look hot'.
Let’s talk about shoes baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about all the good things all the bad things that may be, let's talk about shoes (Salt-N-Pepa voice), hehe.
We girls love our soles. Stilettos, boots, sandals, wedges, platforms, flats, name it, we love it! They speak to our aesthetics, our sexuality, update our outfits and even our attitudes sometimes. And boy do we sometimes lust after them like ham and egg in the morning. I feel a tinge of joy, an adrenaline rush each time I welcome home a new pair. We all have our vices right? Powerful stuff.
But no, my life is not dependent on acquiring shoes. Not by a long shot and I will most definitely not collapse and die if I had to wear the same uninteresting black flats with the miserable looking little flower detail on top of it for the rest of my life however, my smile may fade, my laughter may not be as hearty, my steps may not be as springy, my arrival may not be as heralded as with the click clack of heels, my elongated look would be gone as I’d appear shorter. I may wilt not die but my feet may smile more especially if I'm a shoepidity repeat offender which I'm not, thank goodness.
Today I want to talk about the brazenly sexy So Kate by Christian Louboutin. This baby seems to be very coveted. If you own a pair/s then you already know where I’m going with this. I resisted adding them to my arsenal (I know, I know, I say that a lot) for a long long time cos of the horrid stories I heard. It became a battle of the heart vs the head. Aesthetics won eventually. Yes, the heart won and I welcomed home the triplets in black, red and tan. My friend Obie literally begged me to return them. I turned deaf ears. But now I see why she did. Of all the shoes I own and I do own a lot, the So Kates are the most uncomfortable. You may stand in So Kates but sitting is recommended, while walking is like a hell no after just a few steps.
Makes me wonder why this style is so popular especially among bloggers. A case of following the herd? Or are most gals drawn to them purely for aesthetics like I was? While we can all sit with hair very well coiffured, our outfit hot off the runway, our legs perfectly crossed and looking pretty, I like to strut around when I’m in heels which is a lot of times. Can’t do much of that in these babies. If anyone has any ideas on how to strut comfortably in So Kates I’m dying to hear. What if anything helps? Works? I’ll very happily try it out right away and give you a feedback. My solution thus far has been to wear them if I don’t have a lot of walking to do and that has worked out great.
Are you guilty of shoepidity? Let's talk..
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! I plan on it. Thursday will be even funner as I celebrate my second son's birthday and gear up for a Halloween party on Saturday. What a fun week!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! I plan on it. Thursday will be even funner as I celebrate my second son's birthday and gear up for a Halloween party on Saturday. What a fun week!
Thanks for stopping by, Xo.




0 Yorumlar